Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bye Bye Gizzy Girl

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
So in 2009 when I needed a fuzzy friend more than anything in the world I went in search of a Hamster but what I found was unconditional uninhabited love from a baby guinea pig in desperate need of a forever home. Smaller than the rest with more hair than she could bare she bit all who came close....till I put my hand in the cage! With no fear she came out of hiding to nibble my finger and climb right onto my hand. From that moment on forever we would be best friends.

Gizzy has been struggling with her health for the past year and we finally got to the point where nothing more could be done. This last week has been especially hard and she has been on pain management.

Last night at about 16:30 she took her last breath cradled in my arm. She died where she lived....close to my heart!! ❤️

I will never forget my sweet lil Guinea Gizzy!!

Wow, you touched my heart with your post. Gizzy was lucky to have you. Rest in peace, Gizzy.

This made me tear up. I am sorry for your loss.

Oh poor Fizzy, she was lucky to have such a loving home. Thinking of you in this tough time

I"m so sorry. I lost Phalen and Fiesta this summer, within a week of each other.

Gizzyandme, I'm so sorry you lost her. She was a really special pig, and I know you're going to miss her.

I'm so sorry. Your post made me tear up; it was so heartfelt. RIP Gizzy.

I am so sorry for your loss. I loved reading about the bond between you and her.

So sorry for your loss, what a touching story. It sounds like you two had a very special bond and I'm glad you were able to be with her for her last moments. RIP Gizzy.

*hugs* I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. Know that you gave her the best possible care and she passed on in your loving arms. I can't imagine wanting better for myself, than to pass on in loving arms. :)

My good friend, we've already posted to each other about this on Facebook- but I wanted to put some thoughts here too...

Your beloved Gizzy passed Tuesday afternoon of health complications, and my beloved Tahiri passed of old age early Tuesday morning (or late Monday night). I'll be making her a memorial post as well, but I wanted to reminisce a little here.

We both got our piggies around the same time, and joined this forum around the same time. Our friendship blossomed because of that, across land and oceans; over the internet. Your Gizzy was VERY well loved, and I know you've done absolutely everything you could for her. Rest easy knowing that fact, and knowing that her time with you was the happiest she could ever have had. Though we've never met in person- nor have our pigs, I'm sure Gizzy and Tahiri are frolicking together in the clover fields of the rainbow bridge, and that wise old Tahiri cleared any brambles that may have stood in dear Gizzy's way.

Big hugs to you, and know I share your pain in this time of sadness. I've been shedding tears on and off since I saw your post this morning on Facebook.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss!! :( She's not in any pain now...

I'm sure Gizzy and Tahiri are frolicking together in the clover fields of the rainbow bridge, and that wise old Tahiri cleared any brambles that may have stood in dear Gizzy's way..
This made me smile and feel so much better!!! Lots of hugs to you as well my friend!!

sorry for your loss she sounded like a good little guinea pig:'(
maybe one day she'll meet my fluffy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.