Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Feet bumblefoot?

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I was looking at jakes feet earlier because I was cutting his nails and I noticed it looks like a poop stuck to his foot its very small but he is still going to the vet.

Do you think this is bumblefoot or am I just paranoid.

I'm not sure, it's good that you're going to the vet.

Sugar has something that looks like it should be a nail where her pinky toe would be if she had actual 'toes' and it's flattened and colored like a yellow nail. I don't know what exactly it is but it isn't causing her pain and it's not growing in size so I'm not sure what to think about it.

Our pig Sugar had bumblefoot and spurs when we got him. You can soak the feet and clip the spurs off with nail clippers. They are like scales. For bumble foot we used Resichlor and it cleared them up quickly. I had to buy the resichlor off of ebay, it was the only place I could find it in my area.

Did you try washing his feet to make sure it was something besides poop? Poop is always a possibilty.

Our pig Sugar had bumblefoot and spurs when we got him. You can soak the feet and clip the spurs off with nail clippers. They are like scales. For bumble foot we used Resichlor and it cleared them up quickly. I had to buy the resichlor off of ebay, it was the only place I could find it in my area.

Did you try washing his feet to make sure it was something besides poop? Poop is always a possibilty.

I will try washing his foot off today.

It looks like part of a poop not the whole thing its too small to be a poop.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.