Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Building my first C&C cage!

piggiebun

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I am very excited to say that I am embarking on building my first C&C cage this weekend. I have to admit I am a bit overwhelmed. I want to build a large 2 level for my 1 year old and my four year old male pigs. I need ideas!!!!!!! I have a basic idea of what I want but I'm totally open to suggestions. I would really apprecite some feed back ... and LUCK!!!

:sick:

MelanieH

Cavy Slave
Hello there

I've just made my first C+C cage the weekend gone. I got my ideas off the photo galleries on here. I had no idea where to start but once I got going it was easy peasy, and Im normally rubbish at making stuff. The good thing about the cubes is you can set them up then keep changing them until you are happy with your design.

When your done dont forget to post us a picture.

Melanie
X

ScottandDebbie

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
There are so many outstanding pictures on this site.
I am certain you will find one that just *jumps* out at you.

You'll have a ball building your cage.
Like you, I was kinda half thrilled, and half anxious about building the cage.

After the coroplast was cut, and things started going together, it was so much fun.

We'll be expecting pictures.

Have fun with this. :)

fairysari

Cavy Slave
I would suggest building a 2x4 or 2x5 or larger, just on one level first. Then you can always add a ramp and a loft later. Personally, I didn't like having a second level - my piggers favourite place to poop was under the ramp, and that was also the hardest spot to clean.

I think I read somewhere that you live in Toronto. Have you found cage building supplies yet? You can get coloured coroplast at Curry's art store or Loomis art store, or just plain at Home Depot. Cubes should be at Canadian Tire, Wal-mart or Home Depot.

piggiebun

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll post pics when I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.