Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bed spread or cage liner?

SkyandGizmo

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! What is the difference between fleece bed spreads and fleece cage liners? I'm getting my new piggie tmrw so I figured 2 piggies is double the poop ��. Right now I'm using towels and that's not really working. Bedding wouldn't either BC I have a giant cage �� So I thought buying a fleece liner would be a good investment �� Now I'm just stuck on the difference. Please help! I don't want to spend all this money and buy the wrong thing!

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
Assuming you mean the Piggy Bedspreads, they fit over and cover the sides of the coroplast. They also have a waterproof bottom. If your guinea pigs burrow persistently no matter what you do, this is the best option. The cage liners you can buy from the Market just sit on the cage bottom, and have no waterproof bottom, just a fleece outer layer on each side and U-haul in the middle. You can also buy fleece flippers, which are similar to the cage liners, but have a waterproof middle made out of coroplast. They're also small so instead of having one big piece of fabric, you order several of the flippers to put into the cage at once.

It's up to you what you think will work best. Personally, I use cage liners and I have no issues with them.

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
@SkyandGizmo you can post your posts in different sections. Like this post would be made in the fleece section. And all your medical needs in the medical section. Just letting you know :)

SkyandGizmo

Cavy Slave
I've tried but it doesn't give me an option to post :\ the only one that would let me post is this one.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@SkyandGizmo, go to the top of the page and click on Forums. Pick the one you want. There's a "Start New Thread" button at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.