Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Baby male piggie in New York

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
I am interested in adding to my piggie population, but this time a baby or very young male in the Westchester Cty. area. There are no rescues anywhere close to me, but I'd be willing to travel a bit. Cujo is 2 and Sebastian is 1. Worse case scenario, I'd keep the baby by himself and adopt him a buddy of his own.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
There really isn't anything available less than 3 hours away. Nothing on craiglist or guinealynx. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Critter Connect

Cavy Slave
mom to cujo said:
I am interested in adding to my piggie population, but this time a baby or very young male in the Westchester Cty. area. There are no rescues anywhere close to me, but I'd be willing to travel a bit. Cujo is 2 and Sebastian is 1. Worse case scenario, I'd keep the baby by himself and adopt him a buddy of his own.

Hi, I have a guinea pig rescue and am located in Durham CT, about 1 hr 15 minutes from you. I have many pigs looking for homes.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
Hi! I adopted my last piggie from Amiable Animals in February and it is working out well. He was rescued from a barn with a whole bunch of other piggies and they had little if any human contact until they were rescued. God bless you rescuers. He is skittish, unless there is food involved, but we just keep loving him and hopefully he will begin to trust us.

Cujo was gotten at a pet store 2 years ago, (before i found all the info here) and since he had only been there about an hour before we got him we were lucky. He is a big, healthy, lovey guy and we just adore him. He was a baby when we got him.

I would really love to invite another baby into our piggie-dom. People laugh because our living room has been emptied to accomodate our cage. They are the focal point of our home and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you have any male babies become available I would be very interested. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank you for your response and I hope to hear from you soon.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
mom to cujo said:
Hi! I adopted my last piggie from Amiable Animals in February and it is working out well.

I am adopting from Amiable Animals this Sunday! Also a pig from the 24 rescued in the barn.

Cindy, I am glad to see you've joined.

The girls are wheeking for their veggies!

mom to cujo, Jake from the Critter Connection would be perfect for you.

Last edited:

Rocinante

Cavy Slave
Critter Connect said:
Hi, I have a guinea pig rescue and am located in Durham CT, about 1 hr 15 minutes from you. I have many pigs looking for homes.

I am also in the White Plains, NY area. I am the guy who adopted Meeko from you 3 months ago. She remains healthy and happy. Thanks again.

Ashley's Gurl

Cavy Slave
I like the pig named Gidget, I might have my mom talk into getting her!

Critter Connect

Cavy Slave
Rocinante said:
I am also in the White Plains, NY area. I am the guy who adopted Meeko from you 3 months ago. She remains healthy and happy. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for letting me know how Meeko is doing. I am thrilled to hear that she is healthy and happy!!!!

Rocinante

Cavy Slave
Critter Connect said:
Thank you so much for letting me know how Meeko is doing. I am thrilled to hear that she is healthy and happy!!!!

No problem. She is still a little shy, but she eats a lot more hay now. She sure loves those Oxbow pellets and fresh vegetables.
She enjoys the company of my older pig, Elmo. They can both pick out the sound of my footsteps from other people in the house and will go nuts begging me for food.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.