Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Baby GPs & Grid concern

KimmiA

Cavy Slave
Hello!

I have really been looking into getting a C&C cage for my baby Basil, especially since I will be getting her a playmate soon. She's about 2 months old. I was at the guineapigcages store ready to click purchase when the thought of the grids came to mind.

On the site, the grids used in their cages are 9x9....I have the same 9x9 grids I had for my piggy playpen, but I've had to stop using the pen because Basil can squeeze her way out of the 1.5 inch grid squares!!!:eek:hmy:

If she can squeeze out of the pen, will that mean that she can squeeze out of the C&C cage that I plan on ordering?? Any advice? Has anyone had to deal with this?

Thanks!!

clb89

Cavy Slave
From what I have read on here to baby proof C & C cage people usually make the coroplast sides taller and/or double up the grids so the square holes are smaller.

KimmiA

Cavy Slave
I've doubled up on grids before when I put her in her playpen, and she still found a way to squeeze out with the little gap between the grids! yikes!

When I looked at the C&C store, they only offer making one side higher...

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
on walmart.com, they have solid grids. no holes

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You can zip tie cardboard to the inside of the cage. Make it about 8-10 inches high, and take it out when the babies' heads get large enough not to get stuck in the holes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.