Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Arg

bbqbarbiedolls

Cavy Slave
Yesturday I went in to a pet store just to take a look around. I ended up leaving very quickly after seeing a guinea pig that obviously had mites. There were patches of skin missing and the guy looked like he was miserable. Is there someone that I can contact to go out and look at the guinea pig? I feel like I really need to do something to help this little tyke and if I had the time, money, room, etc. for one more I probably would have taken him home on the spot, but I don't.

annaamber200510

Cavy Slave
no one but the aspca..:( Look it up in a phone book.

bbqbarbiedolls

Cavy Slave
annaamber200510 said:
no one but the aspca..:( Look it up in a phone book.
I tried to look up the number in the phone book but I couldn't find it. Can I contact the animal police? I think I'll try to call them if nothing else they'll know who I should call.

carly

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately, most pet shop pigs have mites.
As hard as it is, taking him home would've just meant another pig took his place and the cycle would continue. It's a no-win situation. Living in the UK, i have no idea who you could call, but what about talking to the owner of the shop about the pigs condition - maybe they would consider treatment?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Call the Humane Society or the ASPCA. If you cannot find numbers for either, call your local police department and ask if they know the numbers. Letting a guinea pig with mites go untreated in any situtation is animal cruelty.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.