Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Any ideas?

mmas4

Cavy Slave
I have a fat cat, Ty, who weighs 28 pounds. He was 30 but lost 2 pounds since I got him off crappy hills food and switched him to canned and raw. My question is how can I get him to move? He sleeps all day and will only get up to eat and use the litter pan. He doesnt care for lazer pointers. He will not walk outside on a harness. He hates it outside. I got Neko to play with him but she doesnt. Any other ideas?

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
How old is he? You might consider checking his thyroid function.

mmas4

Cavy Slave
He is 9 but he has been overweight most of his life. He was even lazy as a kitten.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I had a cat of that weight too. My vet recommended that : (broken link removed).
And also a good quality canned food, what you're already doing. :)
Only toy that worked to get mine move a bit was like a fishing rod with fake fur and feathers on the end.
Remember it's not healthy if he loses weight too quick, like for us. 2 pounds is a big step already.
Vet explained to me at this weight it's hard to make them move a lot as it's very hard on their back and paws. But the more he will lose weight the more active he will be.
Good luck!

mmas4

Cavy Slave
I dont feed him kibble, I feed him raw and canned so I cant use the slim cat thing. I will have to get more cat teaser toys. I have some but he loses intrest of them in like a minute so I have to keep rotating them to get him to move for long enough.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.