Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives About c and c cages

SnickersRumbles

Cavy Slave
I was wondering what some of you piggy owners that have c and c cages put down for bedding ? I am looking to invest in a c and c cage and I use fleece but my piggies seem to keep getting under the fleece even though I put binder clips all around the cage they are just to smart and somehow pulling the clips off and still getting under. I don't really wanna consider paper bedding because I heard that it wasn't good for them and can get kind of pricey with having three male guinea pigs that eat and poop all day lol ..... SOO I'm just looking to see what some of you yalls ideas are so I can consider some different options .

2piggies1

Cavy Slave
I use carefresh and it's way too expensive. I just made all of my fleece liners and my pigs do the same. There is a video on YouTube from Erins ark channel and she talks about all types of beddings that are ok for guinea pigs to use!

Willmunny

Cavy Slave
I myself found fleece a nightmare to use, always digging underneath it and such and the wicking process can be a pain. I switched over to aubiose and find it great, very absorbent and no dust. I can get a 20kg bail for €15 where I am and it lasts about 4 weeks. My Guinea pigs seem to like it they popcorn like mad when I clean them out or even spot clean. The only downside is they kick it out onto the floor a lot, doesn't really bother me since I have them on a wood floor so its easy to clean but it would probably be a nightmare on carpet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.