Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

5 Years

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Well, 3 days ago I hit the 5 year member mark on the forum. It's been a long 5 years and I hope I have helped people along the way.

I have been seriously considering retirement.

Congradulations, One day hopfully people will understand that animals and pet's are a responcibility and not just a toy for their amusments. Everytime I read a question asking "My pigs do nothing all day" then I see a picture of their empty cage. or one full of stupid pretty usless objects. Frustrates me

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Wheekie, I don't think T is going to let me go anywhere.

Well if you do go somewhere you had better come move in with me and make sure I keep Gizzy and all her future mates in good health!! I can pay you in Guinea Pig Hugs...hows that? Congratulations though!! WOW!!

I don't think ANYONE is going to let you go anywhere Ly! You are like the backbone of the forum! Congrats on 5 years.

You're grounded! So don't even think about going ANYWHERE!!!lol Seriously, congratulations on the longevity and you have been a wonderful resource for us. I agree with Wheekie. I, too, selfishly hope that you stay put.

I guess Ly missed the part in her contract that says that if she stays around for 5 years T then owns her.

Congrats Ly, you aren't going anywhere.

Congratulations, slave to the T, LOL.

Seriously, you certainly have been a big help. The nutritional charts alone I'm sure have kept many a pig healthy. I wouldn't have had the faintest idea what to feed them without that.

Ly, I am sure you have helped thousands of cavy owners over the years. I bet for every person posting, there are dozens of lurkers who gain knowledge and you never know you have helped them.

My sincere thanks for all of your hard work !

Duff (in Vermont)

You are seriously amazing, congrats on 5 years! :)

I am new to the forum, or at least have only been posting for a few weeks. I'll admit I was going to be one of those pig owneres who went out, got a store cage, bought my pig from a pet shop, and fed it nothing but pellets. This website has changed every idea I have ever had about pigs. I know when I finally get my pigs they will have excellent care all because of this website. Congradulations on 5 years, but as already mentioned it would be a huge loss if you retired.

I guess Ly missed the part in her contract that says that if she stays around for 5 years T then owns her.

In that case, thank goodness for fine print. Lol. I have only been a member for a little over a year. However, I must say that you and this site has helped both myself and my piggies out a gret deal. For that I say thank you and I thank T for binding you here. I have even reccomended this site to other guines pig owners and potential owners based on the high standards that I hold you to and all who make this site possible. I can not imagine this site without you, T, VoodooJoint or any of the mods that have taken part in making this site what it is.

I agree, Piggynovice, I did everything wrong in the beginning. We knew something wasn't right, though, when we just watched Buddy doing nothing but hiding in his plastic hidey inside a tiny cage. We would let him run around my daughter's room every night, and he was happy. We would put him back in the cage, and he would look sad. We starting researching cage options, found this web site, and changed everything. Instead of having a depressed pet that did nothing, we now have two vibrant members of our family. We get such joy out of watching their little nuances. We wouldn't have had that without the info posted here. So......thanks!!!

Ly, you are such an asset to the forum! You would be horribly missed if you retired. Your knowledge and love for guinea pigs has helped so many owners. Thanks for all your hard work and congrats on hitting the 5 year mark!!

Congratulations,you guys do a wonderful job on this site and I can imagine it would be challenging to do it for 5 years.

Congratulations. I agree with Duffinvt, you've helped more people than you could ever guess... not only are there the lurkers on the forum, but there are the guinea pig keepers that this forum's members come in contact with during their "real" lives, outside of cyberspace. I can count at least 3 so far in mine that I for sure have changed, and I only joined in September.

I have only been a member for a short time here, and have learned so much here and especially from you Ly. I love this site!! So much useful knowledge and wonderful people like you. You did an amazing job on the diet charts as well, which shows great dedication in helping people make the right diet for there pigs.
Keep up the great work and I am glad to read that you won't be going anywhere, anytime soon! :)

Hey VJ, you've been here just a little longer than I have so I guess T owns you too!

Congrats to you too for being here 5+ years.

Thanks everyone.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.