Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

3 sweet guinea pigs looking for a home, Belleville, Illinois

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
If some one could help with transport closer to me,(i can meet in Mt. Vernon, IL) I would take all 3 of them.

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
I saw them posted on craigslist several days ago, the owner doesn't travel, but I emailed him again to see if I can work out a transport or something. Thanks! :)

Trega

Cavy Slave
Awesome, good luck!

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
I emailed him thru the ad, we are discussing meeting halfway between us both. :)

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Let me know it you need any help with transporting them, we could do a piggy train:D

I emailed him thru the ad, we are discussing meeting halfway between us both. :)

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
That would stellar! I sent you a pm as well Hhbean.I will email the owner and see what can be worked out, he can meet anyday before noon, he works night shifts.
Let me know it you need any help with transporting them, we could do a piggy train:D

petgal49

Cavy Slave
I hope you can get them!!

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
Looks like I am, Hhbean is going to help with transport, cuz she's awesome!

Trega

Cavy Slave

Thanks for being so awesome and adopting these lovely piggies! Everyone helping out with the transport are rockin too!

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
I love piggies, and all animals in general. I had to rehome my precious Persian and my Jack Russel when we moved, landlord has a policy of one dog/cat. He ok'ed piggies. He came in, looked at the set up, said "wow, they don't stink and there's no shavings in the floor. Have as many as you want." I was shocked. Go us! LOL I take my animals' care seriously, we can't have children, so my animals are my kids. My Boston, Chester has clothes and is totally spoiled. And I'm OCD about clean so it works out. :)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer

Hhbean is awesome. :eye-poppi

Congratulations on the new piggies!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hhbean is awesome. :eye-poppi

Congratulations on the new piggies!
Thank you @Inle_Rabbit! But you know who are the really awesome ones? The PIGGIES :love:! They have enslaved me by using their sweetness to their advantage! I wish we could give them all a good home and stop the horrible breeding practices going on behind the scenes. I chose to become a vegetarian because of these adorable little bundles of pure cuteness, they have piggy power:D!

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
The piggy train is a go!!! Yay!! Meeting for pick up tomorrow morning!!! Thank you Hhbean!!!

Buggie_00

Cavy Slave
Congrats!!! I'm so glad to see piggies listed on craigslist find a really good home. There was one listed here locally that I referred to guineapigzone. Her reason for wanting to rehome her was that her " daughter didn't want to play with her anymore so they didn't have time to keep her" ugh.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Yeay Beaners for being willing to do the piggy train! And Yeay Beckilynn for adopting these piggies in need of a home!

Her reason for wanting to rehome her was that her " daughter didn't want to play with her anymore so they didn't have time to keep her" ugh.

Ugh is right! Sadly this is more the rule than the exception in some cases. I hate it when people take on a guinea pig with the idea that it's a "disposable" pet, in that, when they get tired of it, they just get rid of it and move on to something new. What a lesson to teach her daughter.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Three if my guinea pigs are from homes where teens didn't have time for them with their school activities. Their loss was my gain, though, and they were careful about placing them so it was a win-win situation.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness, those piggies almost didn't get to @beckielynn, because they were so cute and adorable I wanted to keep them :D! Daniel kept warning me not to even look them in the eye because of their piggy powers. I so glad that beckielynn became their mommy! My question is if I do start fostering piggies in the future how the heck do you let them move on to a forever home? @pinky and @CavyMama, any experince with letting go after having them live with you?

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
LOL! They are cute, by the time we got home, that water bottle had soaked the cardboard, I had to clean that up and put some shavings down while hubby assembled the cage. I had the fun part of putting the uhaul thingy and fleece down, that was a pain in my rear. But, it's done. I will be posting some pics as soon as my other lap top charges. Thank you again Hhbean!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.