Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog 24 Hours On...

Blog entry from old forum

Mishkapop

Cavy Slave
... since I buried Wibble and I finally smiled as my boyfriend reminded my of the time she ripped a big clump of his beard out and ate it. Little monster...

We gave her a beautiful funeral. Because we rent, I didn't want to bury her in the garden, or anywhere I would leave her behind, or she could be harmed. So we went and bought a massive flower pot, and a peach and pink rose bush, like her peachy face with her sweet pink nose. I put her in a special box, lined with special hay, her dried flower mix, gave her a nice groom, wrapped her in the baby muslin I used to cuddle her in when she first came home, then buried her in the pot with the rose on top, so she could stay with us. Now I can still sit outside and talk to her.

I think the others know she is gone. They're grooming each other a lot more than usual and I've caught them all cuddled up in one pigloo, something they would normally not tolerate. I mean, have you ever seen 5 pigs squished in one hidey? I can't help but giggle a little bit when I see it. I'm very sad but their antics are helping.

Siggy has taken over all matriarch duties it seems. She used to have Wibble to help, I watched them actively break up fights when the babies scrapped, but now Sigs is alone. She's grooming them all, turfing Brunhilde out the hay box when she's rumbling at the little ones... My champion.

I'm incredibly nervous right now, every squeak, every snuffle has me lurching across the room, every time my phone goes I get a surge of dread, as though the nightmare is going to start again, like I'm going to answer it and be told another one has passed. That's what happened yesterday. She died while I was at work...

Last night Stoph and I got into bed and cuddled them all at once. The weight of them all on me was a huge comfort. They all seem very healthy and active, popcorning, stuffing their faces. I know the blind terror I'm living with will eventually fade. I just... Please, Gods, don't let it happen again....

24 Hours On...

Piggycraze

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Wow that must have been a lot for you to bear, at least your boy friend is helping you get through your loss! I hope that it doesn't happen again soon. Best of luck.:)

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
I am so sorry for your loss .... I believe that not only is she living on, at peace and where you will someday see her again, but that her energy flows to you and your piggies. I love that you gave her a rose to mark her journey!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.