Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2 Wonderful Guinea Girls Free to Loving Forever Home

Awws T_T I wish i was in MN now.. xD alas im in Colorado, hope they get a good home!

Also, I would just like to thank everyone for contributing and trying to help me out. I never imagined I would come to having to do this, but I've decided not to be selfish and keep them for myself but to give someone else the opportunity to love them. By doing this, they go to a good home, then I get my own bathroom back, and my bunnies will also be in different rooms because I will have the space to split up their condo and will feel at rest that my other bunny will not get snuffles from my other one who has snuffles. He gets to stay in my room too, which gives him free range instead of being cramped in a 2x4 all day which I have been waiting to give him the opportunity for 3 years and my parents finally consented. I have also decided to open my own Etsy store selling handmade wooden guinea pig barns and toys because I had a lot of success with my first model. I'm going to be doing woodshop class full year too so I will be able to make them during the school day. I feel so good right now, like I've accomplished something!

Thanks for making my day guys :)

Here's a picture of the girls cage that I will include for a fee with them. 2 Wonderful Guinea Girls Free to Loving Forever Home

Also, I would just like to thank everyone for contributing and trying to help me out. I never imagined I would come to having to do this, but I've decided not to be selfish and keep them for myself but to give someone else the opportunity to love them. By doing this, they go to a good home, then I get my own bathroom back, and my bunnies will also be in different rooms because I will have the space to split up their condo and will feel at rest that my other bunny will not get snuffles from my other one who has snuffles. He gets to stay in my room too, which gives him free range instead of being cramped in a 2x4 all day which I have been waiting to give him the opportunity for 3 years and my parents finally consented. I have also decided to open my own Etsy store selling handmade wooden guinea pig barns and toys because I had a lot of success with my first model. I'm going to be doing woodshop class full year too so I will be able to make them during the school day. I feel so good right now, like I've accomplished something!

Thanks for making my day guys :)

Here's a picture of the girls cage that I will include for a fee with them. View attachment 53066

What are the dimensions in inches?

Also, your PM box is full, so I cant PM you.

Thanks so much! I never imagined how much people would actually care but this is quite sweet. I plan to get more pigs later on in life, but I'm just trying to make life better for me two girls and maybe after college more will come when I'm an adult :) I'll definitely PM you if I find an owner needed help with transportation. Thank you have a wonderful night!

I'm okay with driving, it doesn't bother me to go a little outside of Iowa. But, preferably within a distance I can get to and back within a day (so about 9 hrs one way). Good luck finding them a home. I'd take them, if I had the room. Alas, I do not. I could probably temporary, but it doesn't appear to be an emergency for you to get them to a new home.

Your PM box is full, but in response to your PMs..

I would most likely use fleece/uhaul and maybe towels, too. Do you have to sew the fleece and uhaul together?

Most likely I would buy hay, pellets, etc from petsmart/petco

You have pic of the houses? I have been thinking if getting one. What wood do you use? How do you know if they chew it won't make them sick?

You have pic of the houses? I have been thinking if getting one. What wood do you use? How do you know if they chew it won't make them sick?

Yes I do. I make these myself in my woodshop class. I used untreated plywood, then cut out the openings on each side. The top lifts off so you can add hay in the rack so the pigs can use it as a house or a hay feeder. I really like my idea so I'm gonna open an etsy store to sell them. Also before finished, the nails are covered in a wood putty and then an animal safe clear coat is put everywhere on the structure to prevent chewing and make it waterproof so you can clean it and wipe it down.

Heres a picture of it and the girls - they absolutely adore it. It can fit two pigs at a push but I can make different sizes for different numbers of pigs.

(broken link removed)
Maybe I should create a different tread explaining these if people want to try and make their own?

I think sewing them is the best way to ensure the mess doesn't get everywhere and they burrow underneath. As for buying things for them, my only fear is that the new owner will not be able to buy them their old diet needs. I buy hay off kmshayloft.com, 3rd cut Timothy which is so soft and fresh and hasn't been sitting in a pet store for weeks. If you can order online you can get it in bulk and it saves money and time. The girls absolutely go crazy for it too - they almost refuse to eat pet store hay. If at a push it does come to that, Oxbow hay would be my next choice with Oxbow pellets, which are a suggestion if you decide to get them from a local pet store. :) and sorry about my PM's - I need to keep a few because there's some good care info in there for my bunnies so is it alright we just talk here?

Good luck with your girls! I know you'll find the right person to take them :)

@ClemmyOddieIndy I'm an Iowan too; Eastern Iowa though. :p

;-; im the only Colorado-ian here... D;

Neat, I'm from Central Iowa. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.