Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello [;

taylorcha4

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi my name is Taylor but I go by Cha Cha. I made an account with this site because i am now
a owner of two beautiful peruvian babies. This is my first time owning guinea pigs. I've owned
multiple different small animals and pets my entire life. I was aware of the responsibilities.
My interest in guinea pigs began when i was asked to babysit my best friends guinea pig that he
bought for his brother for christmas. I couldnt say no. At the time i had a chinchilla but it hit me
that i was not a chinchilla person due to its high energy; it just didnt work out. When babysitting my
best friends guinea pig, i simply fell in love. I eventually found my chinchilla a even better home
with amazing new loving owners and began my research on guinea pigs. Browsing craigslist, i came across
an ad about a peruvian guinea pig giving birth to two pups. Onced i received a picture of them, i brought
them home within a week. My boyfriend and I ended up calling them Cupcake and Bubble, they're both females.
Even though they are idenentical, their personalities are extremely different. Cupcake is social and outgoing
while her sister Bubble on the other hand is shy and laidback. I am no expert but i would love any advice on
keeping them happy and healthy. Today will mark the start of their 2nd week home away from their mama and papa.
My boyfriend and i are working really hard to make them as comfortable as possible so any tips would be lovely.
Even though i spend hours watching videos and researching on how to take care of these little fur balls i feel like personal
experience and advice would be even more beneficial for me and my piggies. Feel free to send me a message, Thank You.

Hello [;

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! What advice would you like to know? P.S i have that same fleece!:)

taylorcha4

Cavy Slave
Any tips on bonding would be great. And yes, i love that fleece, i have an addiction to Hello Kitty. These girls will soon learn to love hello kitty, i have another hello kitty fleece and i plan on stocking up for more. My boyfriend and i argue all the time about fleece, he doesnt like the fact that its too "girly." Haha well i mean, they are girls! It wouldnt be right seeing them in a basketball fleece -__-

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
Since they are little and they are sisters and haven't been seperated they should be a bonded pair. If not here's a link for learning whats good and not good for dominance Guinea Pigs Social Life, Oh and you probably already know this, but peruvians need to be brushed daily and have hair trims.:) And I have girls too! For fleece maybe you can have you girly week for your girls, and have some blue/green in the cage for your boyfriend? :D About half way down in the link! forgot to say that;)

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
They are too cute! Welcome to the forum! Maybe you could find some fleece that will cordinate with the Hello Kitty fleece but is more "male" themed? We have males(all neutered) and females, I tend to go for the cute animal prints but also have some with trucks on it. I think the best way to help them bond with you is to allow them to get comforable during lap time and give their ears/nose/chins scratchies. You will soon learn what they like and don't expect them both to like the same thing. Some of my piggies love having their chins scratched while others hate it(silly piggies).

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Ok, their hair Is at just the right length to where it looks like big red cotton balls!!! How adorable are these two! :D

acydrose

Cavy Slave
Extremely cute girls! Welcome to the forum! :)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Welcome Cha Cha,
Cute pigs you have there, I demand more pictures.
As for advice, this forum basically has it all. When I was a Newbie to the pig world, this chart helped me a lot, alot of people make the mistake of feeding the wrong foods to there pigs:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...y-nutrition-charts-poisonous-plants-list.html
It's good to just have a browse through the forum and read some of the threads.

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
Hi Cha Cha! Cupcake and Bubble are so cute! If you have any other questions, please just ask or have a dig through the forum! It really does have all the info you could need :D

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
I forgot to say, it is basically the law on here that we see more pigtures of your pigs! :cheerful:

taylorcha4

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone! I'm currently in the process of getting their props for their Easter photoshoot! Ill keep everyone updated!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.