Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Possible UR, need advice

Henrysmommy

Cavy Slave
Hello friends, I came home today and Henry sounded really strange. His wheek was off and when I gave him breakfast he made a really weird cough/sneeze that sounded like he had something lodged in his throat. The strange wheeking went away temporarily after that. I got really worried and called the vet to make an appointment. The thing is they can't see him until Monday at 2pm (today is Saturday and 3pm). He is sitting on my chest and he sounds a little crackley. His eyes/nose are clear and he is eating just fine. Should I take him into the emergency vet or wait until his appointment on Monday? I don't want to be the crazy lady who jumps every time her guinea pig sneezes, but I'm worried. The emergency vet sees guinea pigs but I'm also worried they wont be as skilled or familiar with them as my regular vet. Any advice would be appreciated.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
How is your pig doing now? Worse, any better or the same? I would see how your pig is doing by the day or even by the hour. If he is ok, ok. If he is having any trouble breathing, gets swollen, eyes start running liquid or if he stops eating or drinking, get him to the emergency vet.
Let us know how he is doing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.