Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications How should one store Critical Care?

C_Elise

Cavy Slave
Back when my piggy Wednesday was ill and not eating, the vet had given me Critical Care. I *believe* I read on here that keeping it in the freezer was how many people stored it, but I'm just preparing for the worst here (nothing too serious is wrong with my pigs, I just want to be safe) and I am wondering if thats actually how many of you do it? Because going through the forums I can not find anywhere mentioning proper storing of Critical Care. The pack I have now is in the freezer, and has been since February I believe, but I don't want that to be junk if I read something wrong and an emergency arrises!
Also, does anyone know how long it's shelf life is?
And I know I have always read that it's something you strictly get at the vets now-a-days, but I've found it sold at "The Little Piggie Marketplace" online.. just a heads up! (haven't ordered from there yet, but I found the link here on GPC so seems promising :) )

jellyburp

Cavy Slave
i freeze mine. hope your piggie feels better!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.