Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Beloved Mr. Whistles

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I received an email from 4 Lil' Pigs N Buns. They have accepted my form of adoption interest and said they would love to meet me this weekend to view potiental adoptees.
That's awesome! They were the first place I thought of after Bo died. Then I thought there might be somewhere closer and that set in motion the coincidence through which I found Quinn. If I hadn't gotten her, I might well have ended up adopting there.

Have you looked at their piggies on Petfinder? So many cuties to choose from! No piggy can replace Mr. Whistles, but there are piggies out there waiting for you that will make the grief a little easier.

That's awesome! They were the first place I thought of after Bo died. Then I thought there might be somewhere closer and that set in motion the coincidence through which I found Quinn. If I hadn't gotten her, I might well have ended up adopting there.

Have you looked at their piggies on Petfinder? So many cuties to choose from! No piggy can replace Mr. Whistles, but there are piggies out there waiting for you that will make the grief a little easier.

I have, that is where I originally found them.
I haven't really found any closer to me. But my best friend is very much willing to take the trip with me. It'd be a nice visit back to the town I spent so many of my younger years in.

Where did you find Quinn?

Where did you find Quinn?
I found her at Petco, but don't worry, I didn't buy her! I remembered seeing a bunny rescue at one of the local pet stores and thought it might be closer than St. Pete. Couldn't remember which store, so I called Petco to see if a bunny rescue comes there so I could find them and turn in an application.

Nope (it turned out to be Petsmart), but coincidentally the clerk said a woman had called wanting to drop off an unwanted piggy that evening. I didn't know it, but the Petco here adopts out unwanted small animals. I called back later to find out if she'd dropped off the piggy and if it was a girl. Yes and yes! We ran over there and soon she was ours (adoption fee goes directly to their spay/neuter fund, so no pet store enrichment...they actually lost money because they felt sorry for her in her barren aquarium and gave her a brand-new pigloo that they let me take). This was all on the very same day Borat died, so I suspect my boy led me to her.

Hopefully Mr. Whistles is looking down and will do the same for you. I love that area...we got to the beach out there a lot because we don't really like the Atlantic side. Good luck on your piggy quest!

I found her at Petco, but don't worry, I didn't buy her! I remembered seeing a bunny rescue at one of the local pet stores and thought it might be closer than St. Pete. Couldn't remember which store, so I called Petco to see if a bunny rescue comes there so I could find them and turn in an application.

Nope (it turned out to be Petsmart), but coincidentally the clerk said a woman had called wanting to drop off an unwanted piggy that evening. I didn't know it, but the Petco here adopts out unwanted small animals. I called back later to find out if she'd dropped off the piggy and if it was a girl. Yes and yes! We ran over there and soon she was ours (adoption fee goes directly to their spay/neuter fund, so no pet store enrichment...they actually lost money because they felt sorry for her in her barren aquarium and gave her a brand-new pigloo that they let me take). This was all on the very same day Borat died, so I suspect my boy led me to her.

Hopefully Mr. Whistles is looking down and will do the same for you. I love that area...we got to the beach out there a lot because we don't really like the Atlantic side. Good luck on your piggy quest!

Oh yeah. I remember reading about that on one of your threads. I know my Petco also as a rescue that comes in and they often bring in small furry ones. Should it not work out at 4 Lil' Pugs n Buns then I may check out the rescue that comes in on Sundays.

I saw the titled of this and gasped. Rest in piece Mr. Whistles. I do agree that he is some what of a piggie celebrity! I too enjoyed reading about his adventures. I know this is a sad time, but try to look at in a positive light. Now you get to meet and develope a relationship with a new pig (or two!) No pig will ever replace Mr. Whistles, but atleast you'll be given other pigs a loving home too.

OMG what a shock. I am so sorry for your loss, but I hope you find 2 lovely piggies to enjoy for many years to come.

Wow, I have been taking a few days off the forums, and I come back to find this!! Well actually I found the JOY thread about the two new girls in your life!

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Whistles! I always loved seeing his pictures and videos!!! He was such a sweet little piggy and I'm sure he helped you to find the two new little blessings you've given a home too!! They're adorable!! RIP Mr. Whistles :weepy:

Wow, I have been taking a few days off the forums, and I come back to find this!! Well actually I found the JOY thread about the two new girls in your life!

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Whistles! I always loved seeing his pictures and videos!!! He was such a sweet little piggy and I'm sure he helped you to find the two new little blessings you've given a home too!! They're adorable!! RIP Mr. Whistles :weepy:

Thank you.
Their antics are sure putting a smile on my face. I've heard 1 of them wheeking. Not sure who it was. But it was so much more quiter than Mr. Whistles' wheeking. His was LOUD.

I'm so sorry hon, I teared up reading this as well. He looks so much like my first piggie, Toby. Bet they are terrorizing the lettuce garden in the sky together.

So sorry to hear about Mr. Whistles. I loved following his events in piggiworld, watching his videos, and seeing pictures of him. What a shock. As for the girls, I hope they have a long life with you full of happiness. After my first bunny passed, three days later we found a bunny his exact twin. It felt like a blessing from him, and helped ease the pain. Good Luck with your new girls.
R.I.P Mr. Whistles :'(

So sorry I pray he has found a better place. . .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.