Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bathing Citrus Magic Pet All Natural Foaming Pet Cleanser?

missmachete

Cavy Slave
The other night I gave my Peaches her first bath. Needless to say she did not like it at all! I know piggies don't need baths all the time because they are fairly clean animals and they clean themselves but once in a while a bath would not hurt.

I went shopping yesterday for my piggie. I ended up find this foaming pet cleanser for the hard-to-bathe pets. No water, no rinsing, no mess, etc etc. It's fragrance free, hypo-allergenic, and non-toxic. It's made of vegetable enzymes.

Has anyone heard of or used this product before? Do you think it would be safe to use on a piggy? What are your opinions on it?

Citrus Magic Pet All Natural Foaming Pet Cleanser?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am not a fan of things that don't get washed out of the hair of pets that groom themselves.

The fact that it's made out of vegetable enzymes in no way makes it safe. Peach pits are as natural as they can be, and have cyanide in them.

I realize that some pigs, because of illness or other special considerations, may not be able to be bathed. But what's the problem with bathing your pigs in water and an exotic pet shampoo?

missmachete

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't mind giving her a bath in water but she really doesn't like it. I was being gentle with her and the water was the right temp. She just does not like it. I figured this would be an easier way and she wouldn't get as worked up but I don't want to use it if it's not safe for her.

My Gizmo and Stripe had no problem with bathing in fact they loved it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.