Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables What veggies are your cavy's favorite?

guineapig988

Cavy Slave
Hi, I was wondering what your guinea pigs favorite veggies? I really want some new ideas of veggies, and was thinking it would be fun to see what guinea pigs like what. You can also post pictures of thier favorite food. I was thinking around their top 2-4 favorites. Post away!

Heres my guinea pigs favorites
Carrots
Romaine lettace
Parsley
and celery

In the first picture daisy is begging for lettace
In the second picture willow has just gotten lettace from me but her eyes are covered by the end of her towel tent.

What veggies are your cavy's favorite?What veggies are your cavy's favorite?

Carrots top the list.
They devour their daily baby carrot.
Close 2nd are bell peppers.

My piggies LOVE carrots!!!
My Lilly loves tomatoes and carrots, carrots and more carrots lol Shes obsessed. She only gets 1 baby carrot a day though.
My Ally also likes tomatoes, green beans, and cucumber.
My Emily likes green beans, dandelion greens, and radicchio lettuce

What veggies are your cavy's favorite?
Lilly eating tomato. She gets very grumpy if she doesnt get her tomato and carrot fix. Im talking trying to bite and chattering at me. Until I give her, her tomato and carrot lol

Carrots top the list.
They devour their daily baby carrot.
Close 2nd are bell peppers.

my guinea pigs love thier daild baby carrot to!
They tried bell peppers the third day i had them and didn't like it but i am going to try them again soon.

Last edited:
xXmaggieXx I almost forgot about baby tomatoes mine like those also. Mine have never tried green beans are they worth trying? I don't have any dandilions around the house so thats not an option. I cant remember if they have tried cucumber or not, i will have to give it to them next time my parents buy it.

Lightning loves pepper - any kind! If I go to his cage don't have some small bit of pepper in my hand, he gives me a dirty look and snubs me when I try to talk to him...

Cinnamon loves her lettuce, and parsley! Of course my piggies love carrots, and they really like watermelon rinds or honey dew rinds.

Rhino loves loves loves his daily baby carrot, its the very first thing he eats. if i put it at the bottom, he'll dig it out! lol

(these other ones aren't veggies... but....)

I also found out that he loves apples (i gave him a slice of mine when we were sitting in bed playing skyrim together, set my apple down on a plate and he stole it and dragged it to his spot in my lap after he finished his xD )

And blueberries! he goes nuts for them.

It sounds like baby carrots are pretty popular. Baby carrots was the first veggie Willow ever ate, Daisys was lettace. I just tried blue berries last night ( i know their not veggies) willow liked it a lot daisy touched it with her tooth and ran away it takes her a while to eat new foods, it took her a week just to eat baby tomatoes. I have never even thought of radicchio is it cheap?

#1 for both of my boys is carrots! They like match-stick size ones the most.
#2 would be romaine lettuce.
#3 is kale
#4 is cilantro

I've tried bell pepper, cucumber, and a few other things but they reject them every time.

In order of most favorite:

Clinatro
Green Peppers
Parsely

Whistles isn't a big fan of carrots, but he still eats them. His favorite fruits are oranges and red apples.

How much cucumber should you feed a pig? I have kale but they chew 3 pieces off and leave it alone after that.

Actually radicchio is a little more expensive then most lettuces but a small head will last a long time. I just keep mine wrapped in a paper towel in the crisper and it lasts for at least two weeks.
oh ok then i don't think my dad will buy it for me but maybe one day. He bought parsley for them because it was only 50 cents at the grocery store.

jmp8133- your guinea pigs sound sorta like mine but they havn't tried kale yet, and cilantro they love but it gives them really wet poo:sad: MrWhisles yours seem to like green foods a lot. Cavyloves- My friend who has a guinea pig gives her 1 slice in the spring and summer every 3 days. I have heard that you can give it everyother day. It does not have much nutritional value and is mainly good for hot days.

My Bella loves red bell pepper, carrots, and Swiss chard. My Georgie loves parsley, kale, and red peppers 🐹

Hi, I was wondering what your guinea pigs favorite veggies? I really want some new ideas of veggies, and was thinking it would be fun to see what guinea pigs like what. You can also post pictures of thier favorite food. I was thinking around their top 2-4 favorites. Post away!

Heres my guinea pigs favorites
Carrots
Romaine lettace
Parsley
and celery

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.