Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C and C cage chewing

Tiffie1977

Cavy Slave
Hello cavie lovers.... I just built my first c and c cage for my guineas. They are already chesing on the clorplast. I don't want them to hurt themselves, how do I get them to stop?? Can I put something on the edges to protect them...

Tiffie1977

Frapplove

Cavy Slave
I clipped/tied my fleece high up on the grids all around the inside of my girls' cage, so there's no base showing for them to chew on. Although they have plenty of other things to chew on, if they can find any weakness in the fleece barrier they pull it down and go to town ;) If you aren't using fleece, you could try just cutting some fleece strips to put on the walls to cover the Coroplast, or something else that will keep it out of view. Good luck!

ech90

Cavy Slave
I don't have them myself, but at the C&C Cages Store on the Guinea Pig Zone website they sell these binder edgings that you can slide over to coroplast edges to discourage chewing.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Also, if you don't want to buy it there, here is an old thread from December that discusses other options of places to order it from.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/67551-binder-edging-where-find.html(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.