Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Just wanted to share!

Shawnee

Cavy Slave
Just wanted to share!Just wanted to share!

My boyfriend and I just busted this awesome bunny hutch out in about a day. We're going to start fostering. So happy to be done with it and glad with the finished product!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Awesome! You know we'll need bunny pictures once you start fostering!

Shawnee

Cavy Slave
definitely! I am hoping to see many bunnies come through on their way to an awesome home!

Shawnee

Cavy Slave
We got our foster Bunny! She is an all black lionhead! We have decided to name her Pascha, it's Russian for small. She is absolutely beautiful. My boyfriend and I have fallen completely in love with her. We want to keep her. We're going to block off the entertainment center so she can roam our bedroom during the day.Just wanted to share!Just wanted to share!Just wanted to share!Just wanted to share!Just wanted to share!

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
How adorable! I hope you are able to keep her, she seems to be loving her new cage! :) Congrats!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
That is exactly what my bunny's cage looked like! They loved it! Your rabbit looks like such a cutie too! Congradulations on fostering the bunny. =D

Shawnee

Cavy Slave
Inle_rabbit, did your bunnies jump from level to level or did they have ramps? If so how did you design the ramps? Pascha only likes to stay on her top main level.

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
They jumped level to level. She might be nervous about it. Try putting some treats on the step up or just put her on the step up. Maybe on the second level even. She might not know it is up there so feels she has no reason to explore up there? Rabbits don't need ramps and it takes away from their space so I would stay away from them.

Shawnee

Cavy Slave
The problem is she does not go down, or if she does she won't go up. The are two 3X2 floors and a 1X2 splitting the difference and one above the top 3X2. If we put her on the very top 1X2 she just jumps down and that's the end of it. If we put her on the bottom 1X2 she'll jump down and that's it. The top 3X2 is her spot of choice. We put her on the bottom 3X2 and she just lies down...

go_ellie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
You've only had her a short while, she may still need time to adjust. My rabbits loved going to the top so they could look around. I had a nice soft dog bed on the very top 1x2 and they would often snooze there. They had no problems with that cage at all. I had a 10 lb californian in it and at a different time a pair of 5 lb mini rexes all the rabbits did fine in the cage and used all the levels.

Shawnee

Cavy Slave
I just wish she would move around more while she does have to be in her cage! I hate it, I don't want to have her outside for too long our else she can't get to her pellets or her water bottle, (she prefers it over the bowl in her play pen) but then when she is in her cage she does not move....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.