Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Easy ways to cut out dairy products.

Millieex

Cavy Slave
Hii, im millie, im in my mid teens. I have been a vegetarian for around 2 years now. I am not commited to being fully vegan for a number of reasons such as pressure on my family. However i am looking for ways i could lower my dairy intake. I am recently started to drink soya milkshake. Any other suggestions?

Thanksxx

Hello. Now almost all dairy can be interchanged. There is soy cheese, soy ice cream and butters that are made with oils. I use a butter that is made from olive oil. It is really a spread. Milk can be soy, rice, or almond. Look into your refrigerated section of a health food store and read your labels.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will try this. Is there an alternative to eggs?

An egg alternative is Ener g egg, or tufu. On the Peta.org or vegansociety.com share recipes to cook/bake without eggs.

I personally hated all the fake egg replacements, but I find real eggs gross as well. For a good deal of baking you can use apple sauce or banana to replace egg. This works really well in pancakes too! Once you start going vegan, you'll probably find that animal products (like cheese) are overwhelmingly rich. If your parents are un-supportive of your lifestyle choice, try and show them how dedicated you are to staying healthy. There are fantastic recipes online for substitute-free vegan meals. The less you rely on imitation foods the more nutritious and affordable your diet will be. Do you go grocery shopping with your parents, or for yourself?

I personally hated all the fake egg replacements, but I find real eggs gross as well. For a good deal of baking you can use apple sauce or banana to replace egg. This works really well in pancakes too! Once you start going vegan, you'll probably find that animal products (like cheese) are overwhelmingly rich. If your parents are un-supportive of your lifestyle choice, try and show them how dedicated you are to staying healthy. There are fantastic recipes online for substitute-free vegan meals. The less you rely on imitation foods the more nutritious and affordable your diet will be. Do you go grocery shopping with your parents, or for yourself?

Thankss xx

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.