Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Upgraded

cam767

Cavy Slave
Well I finally bit the bullet and last night and while hubby and kids were out trick-or-treating, I was at home re-building the cage. I was going to make a 4x3 but somehow my son talked me into a 5x3. I may still downsize to a 4x3 because the thing is a monstrosity in his room. When we build a stand it will look like it takes up the whole room. Anyways, I built the cage last night and was feeling pretty proud of myself. I had a 1x2 section in the front that also had grids to keep the hay area contained. I thought less mess. Well Inca decided to rain on my parade. She loves to burrow and where the 2 pieces of fleece met she would crawl under. No matter how I pinned or clipped it every time I went in the room she was under the fleece. I was so irritated with her. So today while at work I was dreaming up ways to get even with the little princess. So tonight I came home, washed and dried the fleece from yesterday's cage cleaning and then sewed the 2 large pieces together. I took out the section of 1x2, cleaned out the cage (again!) and this is the final project. I don't think the little stinker will be burrowing in this! hahaha

As you can see the "monstrosity" is wedged in between my son's bed and his built in book case. He can still get into the book case but me being bigger than him can not. Like I said, I may reduce the size to a 4x3.

Upgraded
Upgraded

And here's Levi chilling in his tent (or the sorry excuse of one...I'm not very good at this sewing business haha).

Upgraded

KDonohue

Cavy Slave
I have started using packing tape to tape the fleece together by making a tape roll and putting it between the overlap of the fleece.

cam767

Cavy Slave
Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks! I may try that with the next set.

PrincessClover

Cavy Slave
I love the cage!! It looks great! All these different ideas have me so excited to get started on one of our own!

cam767

Cavy Slave
Thanks! They really are loving it. I'm thinking about adding bunk beds to the corner where the camo tent is. Currently we have 2 grids over there (secured) and we drape the camo fabric over it. It makes a really nice hide-a-way for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.