Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm so bummed out today...

Crystal520

Cavy Slave
...my husband left bright and early this morning to fly to Florida for a Honda outboard engine school. He will be gone until Saturday :weepy:

This will be the longest we have been apart in over 3 years.....he is in the US Coast Guard and we went through 4 patrols at 3 months long each but I was still living with my parents so I wasn't alone. I know this is a awesome opportunity for him to get more qualifications for his job but it still sucks. I wonder how well I am going to deal with it when he does get back on a ship and has to leave for months at a time and both of our families are 5 hours away :sad:

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Try not to focus on the fact he's gone, try to focus on the fact he will be back on saturday!

I'm sure he will be super happy to see you when he comes home! Try to focus on things that make you happy! That should cheer you up! Like your pigs, or your other pets!

Feeorin215

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry you're sad.

Maybe you could spend your time making something for him. So, not only will you not be dwelling on the fact that he's gone, but he will have a surprise for when he returns! :)

Crystal520

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

The 1st day is always the hardest....hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. I work all day so that should keep me busy and get me out of the house.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.