Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Critical Care - What's the secret to feeding it?

gp2112

Cavy Slave
So we were given critical care for one of our piggies to supplement his eating but I can't seem to figure out the ideal way to give it to him. The vet gave us what looks like a 6 ML syringe but every time I try to get the critical care into the syringe it seems to get stuck in the tip and have big gaps/air bubbles. I saw someone recommending to cut off the tip but that didn't seem to help much as it was still a struggle to get it in there short of making a ton extra that would go to waste. Is there a better syringe to use - and if so where do I get it? Or is there a better method.

On a sidenote, for a guinea that weighs 1 lb 11 oz, what's the correct daily dosage to give if it's being used as a supplement?

Thanks for the help!

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
I was given a 35ml syringe with the Critical Care I got from the vet.

Did you do a search to see if there was another thread that has the information about how much they should get in a day?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.