Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Fake grass/astro turf/carpet

K.K.B.B.

Cavy Slave
Hello all!

Regarding flooring, is fake grass (astro turf) or carpet ok for rabbits? Was thinking of putting some in over my coroplast.

Thanks!

K.K.B.B.

Cavy Slave
Is it safe in case they accidentally digest it?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I would think that astroturf would be difficult on their feet and difficult to clean. Also the chance is there for them to chew on it. I would go with either carefresh type loose bedding or fleece for ease of cleaning.

RRDominick

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't think so. You should look up what it's made out of.

K.K.B.B.

Cavy Slave
I have read on here somewhere that people are using it with good success. It is easy to clean I know, just them eating it would be a problem. Fleece is main idea. just thought for some areas it would be something to try.

K.K.B.B.

Cavy Slave
Anyone else have any input?

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
It probably depends on the rabbit, but I would think astroturf wouldn't be something that would be particularly good for a rabbit, given their aversion to flooring like tile and linoleum, etc.

If it's not terribly expensive, maybe you could try a small piece and see how the rabbits do with it?

As for the carpet, that would be fine, just be prepared for some damage if your rabbit is a digger. There's indoor/outdoor carpet you can get at places like Home Depot that are great for rabbit enclosures.

K.K.B.B.

Cavy Slave
It probably depends on the rabbit, but I would think astroturf wouldn't be something that would be particularly good for a rabbit, given their aversion to flooring like tile and linoleum, etc.

If it's not terribly expensive, maybe you could try a small piece and see how the rabbits do with it?

As for the carpet, that would be fine, just be prepared for some damage if your rabbit is a digger. There's indoor/outdoor carpet you can get at places like Home Depot that are great for rabbit enclosures.

Ok thanks. I think ill buy some to try it out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.