Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands !

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
What do you guys think is the best ? Do you think a stand one grid or two grids high is best ?

Thanks ?

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
One grid high is best for me because it make it easy to reach them, if it was 2 grids high then to reach over the grids it would be 3.5 feet.

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
Mine used to be 2 grids high which was easier for me to clean. Now its only one grid high and I find it much harder to clean as it hurts my back because I have to bend too low. I think I may have to make it higher as I'm worried about putting my back out completely. I guess it depends on your height. I'm 5'6" but if someone was 5'2" a one grid stand would probably be better.

Meeko

Cavy Slave
Mine used to be 1 grid high and it was really hard to sweep underneath and keep clean. 2 grids is much easier because you can clean and store things just as easily. Personal preference I guess.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If your cage is a single story cage then a stand 2 grids high is ok. If it's multistory, then you want 1 grid high stands.

I have stacked cages at the moment. A 2x4 with a 2x3 above. They sit on a piece of plywood on top of grid stands 2 grids high. I can only reach the front corner of the upper cage without either having a step-ladder or pulling the tray out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.