Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Store Piggy

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I just got a call back from Melinda at West Esplanade Vet Clinic. They have in there a male GP that was just neutered yesterday! He is available for adoption and they would very much like to have you call them. This solves the problem of your parents not wanting to get a boar and get him neutered...he’s already neutered.

Please give them a call. They are expecting you and can’t wait to arrange a time for you to come out and meet him.

West Esplanade Vet Clinic (504) 455-6386

Elly

Wow, how cool of voodoojoint to find that out :)

*starts skipping around the room in joy until Tuesday at 4:30*

yes, are you getting that boar?

I'm going over there on Tuesday. They were closing when I called around noon today and I don't have time enough on Monday. So Tuesday it is.

Sorry to double post: Should I bring Fifi with me (1 1/2 hrs each way)?

You need to wait two weeks after the neuter date before letting him be with a female. Also, make sure to read the post-op care on this page: www.cavyspirit.com/neutering.htm

well, if you go through the quarentine period, then by the time he is ready to join your female, it should be well over two weeks anyways.

yaaay! i am so happy for you!

yes, i saw on another thread! yaaaaay! tell us about him!

Yay! Thanks so much voodoojoint. See, all the waiting was well worth it

That's awesome! Thanks for writing. CavySpirit, please do make a new page! I'm getting sick of explaining as well, and I'm sure you are even more so. When it's up, I'll dance for joy!!!

I know you've already gotten your pig, but I just wanted to mention craigslist as an option. I got my sow from Craigslist.com (it's like a classified listing). Her owner was a college student who was leaving the country to study abroad and had to find her pig a new home. So there's plenty of options out there instead of buying a pig from the store...I'm not going to lie though I did get one of my boars at a store and the other 2 at the shelter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.