Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Went to the National Zoo today...

LobsterOverlord

Cavy Slave
Went to the National Zoo today in DC with the extended family. We were going through the Small Mammal House and I was pointing to everything for Max (now 10 months old) and saying stuff like "Look, it's a skinny hairless guinea pig" at one animal, or "it''s a spiny guinea pig" at the porcupine. At least 5 other animals got that treatment, including a mongoos (thin nosed guinea pig).

After that we got separated from the rest of the family by going into the Elephant House while they headed to the Pandas. When we met back up, they asked where we went. "To see the GIANT GUINEA PIGS" to which they looked like I was smoking something...and continuing my jokes for Max.

That's when I took them over to the Capybara area and showed them the giant GPs. :)

I didn't realize they were THAT big. A good 5 feet long laid out. They were beautiful to see.

It's late and the camera is out in the truck, but I'll try to get some of the pictures and video I took of them up for all to see.

John M>

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Hehehe, that makes me chuckle John! I LOVE capybaras! Can't wait to see your pics, and video!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Hahaha thas pretty cute. I like the capybaras to. So cute.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Heee heee heee... I love the capybaras they actually look like giant Guinea Pigs. The St. Louis Zoo's childrens zoo actually has Guinea Pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.