Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My poor baby

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
I just saw that my baby cookie died.
I am so sad. I cant type well.
I just cant believe it.
He seemed sad, and I felt his bones, the he died..
:weepy:

I dont know what to do.
someone help me PLEASE!
What do I do with his body, this all hurts too much.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. Was he showing any signs of illness at all? Any sneezing, crusty eyes or nose? When they get sick, they go downhill so quickly, it's often hard to catch it. It's a good idea to take your other piggy to the vet to be checked incase it was contagious.

RIP little Cookie

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. Was he showing any signs of illness at all? Any sneezing, crusty eyes or nose? When they get sick, they go downhill so quickly, it's often hard to catch it. It's a good idea to take your other piggy to the vet to be checked incase it was contagious.

RIP little Cookie

He was showing signs.
But I ha no money, so I couldnt schedule an appointment.
Also, my internet wasnt working, and I couldnt get a cavy savvy vet #.
Im so sad.
I look at him expecting to get back up...:weepy:

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
In this case, call up your vet and take Oreo in. URI's are very contagious. Your vet will probably be able to set up a payment plan. And in the meanwhile, start a small vet fund to help out with the costs later on.

I know you really loved Cookie, may he rest in peace.

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
In this case, call up your vet and take Oreo in. URI's are very contagious. Your vet will probably be able to set up a payment plan. And in the meanwhile, start a small vet fund to help out with the costs later on.

I know you really loved Cookie, may he rest in peace.

Thank you so much.
:(

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
I decided to put up some pictures...

Tulip

Cavy Slave
Oh, what a cutie!!! I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Hope you feel better soon.

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
Thanks.
But any ideas on a proper funeral for my babe.

sweetjay6891

Cavy Slave
Im sorry for your loss.

What I usually do is put my guinea in it's favorite cozie and in a shoe box, and bury it in our backyard. ( All our small animals get buried there) Then I usually put a pretty pot over on top filled with beautiful flowers. We have a spot in the blackyard thats closed off from the dogs. All their little souls are together. I have about 10 hamsters , 3 birds, 20 goldfish and Betta fish, and 1 guinea pig buried at our little cemetary. Our cats and dogs get cremated and their ashes are spread at all their favorite spots. Plus a little in hand blown glass necklaces(they put the ashes inside) that i wear.

Do you have a backyard or a secluded hill anywhere near you?

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
Im sorry for your loss.

What I usually do is put my guinea in it's favorite cozie and in a shoe box, and bury it in our backyard. ( All our small animals get buried there) Then I usually put a pretty pot over on top filled with beautiful flowers. We have a spot in the blackyard thats closed off from the dogs. All their little souls are together. I have about 10 hamsters , 3 birds, 20 goldfish and Betta fish, and 1 guinea pig buried at our little cemetary. Our cats and dogs get cremated and their ashes are spread at all their favorite spots. Plus a little in hand blown glass necklaces(they put the ashes inside) that i wear.

Do you have a backyard or a secluded hill anywhere near you?

I have a backyard, but I am scared a cat might try to get it.:sick:

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. Cookie was such a sweetie.

As far as a funeral, there are many options. I like sweetjay's idea. My hamsters and fish are buried in my backyard, but I had them when I was younger, so I didn't care as much, and my parents helped me bury them. From now on I've decided to cremate my pets, that way if I move or something happens, I can still have some of their ashes, either in a necklace or a pretty urn. You could also bury them in a pet cemetary, there's probably one around you somewhere. Again, I'm so sorry, take care.

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. Cookie was such a sweetie.

As far as a funeral, there are many options. I like sweetjay's idea. My hamsters and fish are buried in my backyard, but I had them when I was younger, so I didn't care as much, and my parents helped me bury them. From now on I've decided to cremate my pets, that way if I move or something happens, I can still have some of their ashes, either in a necklace or a pretty urn. You could also bury them in a pet cemetary, there's probably one around you somewhere. Again, I'm so sorry, take care.

Cremation. That must be...expensive.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear about little Cookie.

When our lovely Midge died, we spent some time considering what to do with her body. It is a very personal choice. We realised we had several reasons not to bury her in the back garden. The ground was frozen, which would have made burial nigh on impossible, we also have a lot of cats in our street, and the thought of her being un-earthed was awful upsetting. I also realised that I didn't want a sad area in the garden. I took her to the vets, who were so compassionate (as I arrived - having spent half an hour composing myself in the car - in floods of tears.), I will be forever grateful. This was such a personal thing, but I know we did the right thing for us. We have loving and happy memories of our sweet girl.

I hope you find something which lets you feel at ease with Cookie's passing, it will be something very personal - to you and Cookie - the bond is never broken.

:hug:

yarag009

Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear about your Cookie. He was a very handsome piggie. We always bury our pets in the yard. I like the idea of putting a large pot on top - that way it will be difficult for a cat to get to him. If a pot is not available, look around for rocks, they should also work. Keep a close eye on your other one until you can get him to a vet.

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
Thanks alot.
I just still cant believe it.
Its like when I saw him laying lifeless, I looked at him expecting him to get up, and sniff me. Or that I was having a horrible nightmare. UNFORTUNATELY ITS NOT...

I still am not sure what to do with his body.
Does any one have an estimate on how much cremating him would cost?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I have a backyard, but I am scared a cat might try to get it.:sick:
First of all, my sincerest condolences on Cookie's passing. I know you loved her a lot. When I have buried animals in my yard in the past, I went to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought a pretty paving stone to lay over the grave. It serves as a sort of gravestone that you can personalize if you want and protects the grave from other animals digging it up.

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
First of all, my sincerest condolences on Cookie's passing. I know you loved her a lot. When I have buried animals in my yard in the past, I went to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought a pretty paving stone to lay over the grave. It serves as a sort of gravestone that you can personalize if you want and protects the grave from other animals digging it up.

Do I like lay it flat, or standing up to resemble a tombstone?
Sorry if that question sounds silly.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
It doesn't sound silly at all. Mine are flat on the ground, but it really depends on what kind of stones you get. I used small landscaping stones before as well. They look like small boulders and are more vertical. I'm planning on incorporating the flat stones into a foot path to a small veggie garden I'm working on in our back yard.

sweetjay6891

Cavy Slave
It doesn't sound silly at all. Mine are flat on the ground, but it really depends on what kind of stones you get. I used small landscaping stones before as well. They look like small boulders and are more vertical. I'm planning on incorporating the flat stones into a foot path to a small veggie garden I'm working on in our back yard.

And like I said, you can also put a heavy pot of flowers on top. I have a cat too so this works really well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.