Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK On offer/bargain buy thread!

JanJam

Cavy Slave
Went into Poundland during the week - 100% polyester fleece blankets, 100cm x 70 cm are £1 each.

There is some threading around the edges but I just pulled this off. They are called "Baby Blankets" and are with the baby stuff.

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
Yeah I got those too JanJam... two pinks, two purples and two blues! Only problem was they shrunk in the tumble dryer.. that will teach me for sticking non tumble dryer things in there!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Will look out for those!

Not sure if all Lidls operate the same offers at the same time, but our is selling sets of cable ties (100mm + 200mm + 300mm) for £1.49. Not sure if sets are all the same size, or a mix of some of each - will let you know once I've bought mine! (though bit late as was redesigning cage lat night - typical!)

They also seem to have a running half price offer on some veggies too - good big cos lettuce for 49p!

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
I took a trip to lidl they had romaine for 49p, I got well excited... then found they were all brown.. ugh. But good news is that they have digital kitchen scales for only £6.99! Probably not very good but good enough for weighing.. going to pick some up tomorrow since my fat lot broke the last scales.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
The cable ties are in variety packs - some are enormous!!! Bought a pack for the novelty (still have some left from reconstruction).

Sorry your cos lettuces in Lidl were brown Rachy - ours are always fresh and green - and much bigger than the supermarkets'. Have another look when you go in for your scales - that could've been a bad batch!

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
Probably! Although, I just brough two packets from my grociers lol... I say brought but they gave me them for free because the tips were slightly brown ( all you had to do was snip a cm off!) They gave me a free cabbage and a big bunch of Mint because it had a black bit on it... ever heard of washing it? :p So if you have a local grociers get friendly with them and tell them you have pigs.. they might just give you the left overs!

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
I took a trip to lidl and they had no scales left.. grr. Saw the cable ties though, loads of them! Have to find some where else to get my new scales then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.