Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Tips:Introducing babies?

GSL1445

Cavy Slave
We will be adopting a new new baby friend for our 6 week old gp. The new baby will be coming soon when it is 3 weeks old. They are both female. I know we need to quarantine the new baby. The older girl is very spoiled and rotten. Will she accept the new baby? I am just trying to get ready for the new arrival. All tips are greatly appreciated.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Where are you getting the new pup from? 3 week old pups should be placed with an adult so they can learn everything they need to know. If your other pig is only 6 weeks old, it's still learning as well.

GSL1445

Cavy Slave
We've been looking for a while to find another GP to put with our baby. This lady I found that has pigs said she needs to adopt the pigs out now because she is moving. They are all babies and just one adult, I think. I told her about this site and a few others, but she said if she doesn't get rid of them soon someone has offered her $3.00 a piece for them. I hope shes not going to sell them for snake food. Even though it is early, We will probably get it this weekend.

C&K

Cavy Slave
Did you suggest to here that is where they may end up? In the belly of a snake? Sheesh, some people just plain suck!

I just don't know what to say... Maybe it would be better considering they are comming from a private home and the risk of anything being seriously wrong is fairly low, to get a vet check and speed up the intro's? Maybe only a one or two week quarintine?

As for how to introduce them, the guidelines are the same as for any pig, follow the link on Cavyspirit that was given, I see no reason why your 6 week old will not accept her! Good luck!

GSL1445

Cavy Slave
Re:Introducing babies?--cont.

Here are Muffin(black and caramel) and Abbie(tri-color). Abbie is much more vocal than Muffin. She wheeks very loudly. Even though Muffin is young (8 weeks now) she is pretty laid back and had let the new little pig move in without a problem. She only makes a fuss when the little pig tries to eat the same piece of tomato or lettuce she is eating. Even then there hasn't been any fighting or biting, Muffin just chases her away. I saw the little one (Abbie) popcorning. She mimics/tries to do everything the older pig does. Both pigs are gaining weight and have the cutest little fat tummies. During lap time Muffin likes to sit with us on the couch and go from one persons lap to the other getting her chin skritched. Abbie just likes to hide in her cozy sack on my lap and peeks out to see what is going on. We'll keep everyone updated on our sweet piggies. Thanks for all the great tips and advice.

GSL1445

Cavy Slave
More pics

there are more in my picture gallery

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
GSL1445 said:
there are more in my picture gallery
Actually, no there aren't

Perhaps you didn't realize but the photo gallery is reserved for pictures of cages and accesories only. We do not allow pictures of just Guinea Pigs, or any other pets, in the gallery at this time. As cute as your GPs are I had to delete the photos.

I fact, it looks like the photos you uploaded to this thead were hosted in the gallery. Since I had to delete them they won't show up here either.

You need to host them elsewhere like putfile.com or photobucket.com.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.