Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Wanted Female Pig

spider

Cavy Slave
I live in northern Alberta. I would like to adopt a third female. Would rather look at a rescue than a pet store. Anyone out there that may wish to place one I would be most interested. Would prefer somewhere within driving distance. 2 hours max. Thank you Sandra

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

spider

Cavy Slave
That would be wonderful. I live in Grande Prairie as well. Sandra

cavylover

spider

Cavy Slave
I work for the local S.P.C.A. actually. At the moment I have 3 potential sources for pigs that just came available. After putting the word out. Now overwheming response. May have to go with 2 more. I have not seen any yet though. Actually 1 young female come into the shelter. She looks preetty close to what I have not. Would like some different looks/colours. I am sure there will be something I like. The 2 I have are through rescue with no choice about colour. Now I want to choose my own. Thanks for your time. Sandra

cavylover

spider

Cavy Slave
Hello again, Thought I would post once more. Still looking for a female. The other prospects did not pan out. Still patiently waiting. Lots of nice males out there though. I was in Edmonton in July, they had 3 males available and lots of rabbits.

cavylover

spider

Cavy Slave
Update. I placed an ad in the local newspaper. 2 people replied. One with a long hair which I did not want. The second lady had just moved here from BC. Once here she realized her sow was pregnant. Had 3, 2 of which are living in our home now. 5 weeks old- Inky-all black and Pepsi a dalmation. Very pleased. I just placed them with my 3 year old sow and life could not be happier.

Sandra

SUSAN

Cavy Slave
I work at the Grande Prairie SPCA, right now we have 15 guinea pigs 3 males and 12 females. 3 will be put too sleep on thursday May 7 because they have wet tail. The other 12 are up for adoption. The adoption fee for a cavy is only $15 canadian. If they don't get homes soon more will most likely be put down. Please check shelters before pet stores ( 6 are under the age of 6 months).

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
3 will be put too sleep on thursday May 7 because they have wet tail

Can anyone tell me what this wet tail is?

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I didn't know guinea pigs got wet tail. It's a nasty illness. We had a hamster who died of it and I hope I never have to see it again.

cavylover
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.