Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cage size for 2 piggers

rachieanne99

Cavy Slave
I plan to adopt a pair of pigs in the near future, but currently I have a 2x3 CC cage (which is empty now since Gabby passed away recently :tear:). I know that this is the minimum size for 2 pigs--does anybody have a cage this size for 2? Does it seem cramped? I would really like to make it bigger, but I don't know if I have the space length wise to make a 2x4. Does it make a difference if I made it 3x3? It is the same amount of space, but is it not as good for running around? I will be in my current living situation for about 6 more months, so I don't think I want to wait that long to build a bigger cage, but I don't know--any advice? thoughts? experiences? thanks ever so much!

SushiNut

Cavy Slave
We have 2 hidey houses on one end and a littertray on the other in our 3x3 (check my gallery). Our two guys run around pretty good in there. :)

laura220

Cavy Slave
What about a 2x4 L shaped cage? 2x3 along one wall and a 2x2 space along the other. A 2x3 will get cramped when you need to add things(hidey's, tunnels, food bowl) along with the pigs.

laura220

Cavy Slave
Oops, I meant a 2x3 space along one wall and the same along the other.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I currently have a 2x3 for two pigs, but going to expand it soon since I will have 3 in there. They get along fine, but loved it even more when I added the loft.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.