Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Searching for vet in the Berkshires, MA

Demiba

Cavy Slave
I am looking for a vet in the 01201 area for my GP, Pumpkin. If anyone has recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't see an exotic vet in Pittsfield. But if you google "exotic vets pittsfield ma" without the quotes, you'll get some hits just a little farther afield.

Do find an exotic vet. "Small animal vet" means dogs and cats, not pocket pets, and some are downright dangerous.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Too bad you aren't geographically closer to me as I have a couple of top-notch cavy Vets in my area.

There is a Facebook group that you might find helpful: Guinea Pigs of New England. In general, you will find it filled with cavy-loving folks, but do be discerning about the advice newbies sometimes offer. Actually, that's probably good advice for any forum.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GuineaPigsofNewEngland

Demiba

Cavy Slave
Thank you bpatters! Pumpkin gave us a scare today when she started hooting but she soon stopped and her lungs sound clear and her breathing and eating are normal. I am going to set up a wellness visit just to be sure.

Demiba

Cavy Slave
Thank you spydoc! I will check out the group!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.