Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition Vitamin C drops on vegetables?

• Thread starter guineapiglova88
  • Start date

guineapiglova88

Cavy Slave
Hello,
I bought some vitamin c drops for my two guinea pigs today. I know its not recommended to put it in their water as the vitamins degrade quickly but I heard of where people put the drops on their guinea pig's vegetables. My two are extremely picky eaters and will only eat a select few kinds of fruits and veggies, so I got these drops to make sure they are getting enough. I've heard tablets are better but my local stores don't carry any. So overall I'm just hoping to know if I should or shouldn't put the drops on their veggies and if so, how much?
Thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The drops on the veggies are just fine, especially if you're just giving them as a supplement. The downside to doing it that way is that you don't know how much each pig is getting.

If you want to be sure they're getting the right amount, you can put them in a little diluted juice and syringe it to them. The only thing you can't do is let the diluted stuff with the C in it sit out, as the C will degrade in the presence of light and liquid. But if you mix it up fresh, it'll be fine. And most pigs like the taste.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.