Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The sweetest boys sherlock and Watson introduction

Shazachieng

Cavy Gazer
Hello,
I am the proud new owner of the two sweetest brothers in the world named sherlock and Watson. I got them about two weeks ago from a lady who wasnt able to keep up with their care, maintenance and taming

When I first got then they were super skittish about me being in the room as they lived alone in a dark room for so long. Their nails were overgrown and curling. They weren't fed daily veggies and they lived together in a 40×100cm cage

I made them a 2x5 c&c and I'm looking to expand it already. I've been trimming their nails and they can now hand feed. I am also able to pet them in their cage and put them with less running around. They have grown so much in the last two weeks. Sherlock was more timid and quiet but hes now wheeking and popcorning. Watson is my brave boy and took so well to handling and care from day one. Hes very vocal with a strong personality. I spent 3 years researching guonea pig care before I ever even got one.

My boys are so sweet. Still a bit timid and scared but the latest improvement was that they like to sniff my hand and the dust pan I use to gather their waste in when I'm cleaning. The sweetest boys sherlock and Watson introduction

Attachments

20200116_172112.jpg
The sweetest boys sherlock and Watson introduction
Watson is the one with shorter hair
Sherlock has longer fur

Their cage is currently different but I dont have a picture of it. I moved the kitchen to the upper level to give them more uninterrupted space at the bottom to run

Welcome to the forum!

Sherlock and Watson are adorable! I love their colors. Kudos to you for going above and beyond doing your research before getting them. I wish everyone did that, it would make things so much easier for both they and their new babies.

Thank you for taking them both in when things were looking bleak for them.

Welcome!!

What lucky piggies! You're doing awesome for them, it's so nice to hear. I LOVE their names... If I had gotten two boys at the same time, or if I do in the future, I was going to name them Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, too! instead they're named after a different British story... they're Robin Hood and Friar Tuck :)

They're beautiful piggies, best of luck to all of you!

Congratulations on your wonderful boys and they are absolutely gorgeous. Hats off to you for taking your time and doing thorough research on guinea pigs beforehand.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.