Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey everone

rosspiggys

Cavy Slave
I am putting this up for my daughter as she isthe official piggy keeper in the family and not old enough to have her ownemail account. We found this site after we had our piggys. She wanted to learnmore so I had her search out forums and she found this one and liked it, especiallythe cages. We got our piggys because we wanted an allergy friendly pet. I had apig over a, well let’s just say it was over a half-century ago and leave it atthat. Things have changed considerably since I had my pig. Back then there waspretty much only one size cage, which was too small by today’s standards. Formy pig it didn’t matter much as he pretty much just slept in it. I had himeither in the den with me or outside. We had plenty of grass and clover patchesand a nice run of bushes for him to hide in. I found out the hard way that analbino piggy can look very much like Billy Idol or Spike from BTVS if he bitesthrough an electrical cord for the TV. He survived it and I made sure nothingwas plugged in when he had den time. Anyway back to now. I knew I wanted to geta bigger cage than I had known nothing about CC cages, never even heard of themuntil we found this site. We found a nice Oxbow dwarf rabbit cage with a penthat worked out quite well. I’ll post pictures of the first cage we startedwith and what it has morphed into now. Hey everoneHey everoneHey everone
These are our two girls, Ginger and Checkers.

rosspiggys

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcome. My post did not show up the way I wanted. Checkers is the piggy who resembles Pepe' Le Pew and Ginger is the brown and white. Ginger was actually quite a bit smaller when we got her, she is now at least as big as her older sister and possibly a bit bigger. My daughter is pretty good about learning what she needs to know she wants to be a Vet.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your girls are adorable!

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Welcome to you and your official piggy keeper! :) Checkers and Ginger are such beautiful tortoise shell and whites!! Bravo you want to learn more. A great guinea pig website besides here is www.guineapigmanual.com. It's very readable, very fun, full of cute pictures, and packed with info! bpatters has also posted a wonderful list of sites for first time owners here--- it's under About Guinea Pigs, right at the top; and titled information for new guinea pig owners :)

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.