Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Is The Size too Small/

FuzzMom

Cavy Slave
Hey. I seem to now be the local gp drop off person. Ok that's fine. I'm taking in a new girl next week. She comes with a cage that's "about 1 square meter" according to the owner. First, what the heck is 1 square meter in inches and second is it an appropriate size cage. Or is it just another of those crummy pet store cages. i'm hideous at math; failed several times. Thanks for answering what's probably a dumb question. I'll tell you about the new girl when I get her.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Don't take their word it is 1 square metre without actually seeing it, or getting real measurements. "About 1 square meter" is vague enough that I wouldn't trust it.

If it truly is 1 square metre it is a good size, but it would almost certainly have to be a custom made cage. As said above 1 square metre is the equivalent of a little over 10.7 square feet.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm going to place a fairly confident bet that it's actually a 100cm x 50cm cage, ha.

FuzzMom

Cavy Slave
I'm sure I'll get a different one any way, just curious as to what it was. And we are dealing with a language barrier too, which adds to the confusion. judging by the amount of toys, treats, and other stuff that comes with her, plus a travel cage, she's pretty spoiled. I get her Thursday. Basically she belongs to a college student, who has had her for 2 years, let people babysit her during summer break, and is now graduating and looking for a permanent home not a babysitter for her. She was an impulse buy 2 years ago but it sounds like she's been taken care of. Mom is just feeling overwhelmed with graduating and moving and all. She has always lived alone, never with another gp. So the quoted cage size is just for her. Thanks for all the help, and i hope the cage is as big as you say it is.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.