Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to Order? Monthly subscription boxes? Yay or neigh?

Simonsmom

Cavy Gazer
I have been looking around online and there are several different companies that do small animal or guinea pig specific monthly subscription boxes. Wondering if you have found one that you like that actually sends quality products. Any that are worth a try? Just thought it might be fun to try a few times. Thoughts???

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
We're talking hay? If you're going to order online, it's far cheaper to buy a large box than to buy several smaller boxes. American Pet Diner probably has the best hay you can buy. I use Small Pet Select, others use KMS Hayloft or others. They can weigh in on what they buy.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I believe what is being referred to are monthly subscription boxes similar to what you can get for cats and dogs, they typically include things like toys and treats. I would never personally get them for guinea pigs, most things people think you can give them as treats are actually very bad for them (ie. nut mixes, yogurt treats, biscuits, chew logs, seed sticks, etc.), and they much prefer vegetables for a treat. Guinea pigs also don't normally play with toys.

I would say save your money.

scoottie

Cavy Slave
I would say if you want to go ahead make sure it has a box where you cant put no dairy products or seeds. I must have strange pigs because they absolutely love toys I would test to see if your pigs like toys or not and decided from there not to mention some boxes are the only way if you like the products to get uk only products.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.