Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives I have experienced an escape piggy!!!

Mackenzylane

Cavy Gazer
My two male piggies, Timothy and Ryan, are both about six months old. They have a 2x3 c&c cage, which has never been an issue for either of them, until today. Last night, I stayed at my boyfriend?s house and when I got home and looked in their cage, Timothy was gone. Like he just vanished. The house he prefers was flipped over and Ryan was in the cage alone. Luckily, I found Timothy pretty quickly hiding under my bed. I made sure he was not hurt and put him back in the cage with Ryan. I?m leaving for a week soon and my mom will be in charge of taking care of my boys. I?m really scared he?s going to get out again and mom will be too afraid to pick him up while I?m gone. Or worse, won?t be able to find him. I don?t know how he got out, but I?m nervous it?ll happen again. He got over a 14 inch wall, which is terrifying. He could have been hurt! I?m kinda considering making a bin cage for them so hopefully Timothy won?t get out again. I don?t know. Any ideas to keep my little boy safe and keep other baby boy happy,too?

Closet shelving makes an awesome cage lid. You can easily clip it down with carabiner clips.

But a 2x3 cage isn't really large enough for one pig, much less two, still less two boars. You've been lucky so far, but they're hitting full puberty, and you may wind up with injured pigs on your hands if you don't get them into a larger cage.

Closet shelving makes an awesome cage lid. You can easily clip it down with carabiner clips.

But a 2x3 cage isn't really large enough for one pig, much less two, still less two boars. You've been lucky so far, but they're hitting full puberty, and you may wind up with injured pigs on your hands if you don't get them into a larger cage.

I know I?m trying but I?m only 17 and I have to pay for everything for them myself. I have enough cubes to do more just not enough coroplast.

You can use an old shower curtain instead of coroplast. You just have to figure some way to keep the pigs from getting to it, because they'll eat it.

But this is an election year, and candidates' yard signs are usually made from coroplast. You can probably call either of your political party headquarters and ask if they could recommend some place to get used signs.

Definitely follow above advice to get a bigger cage. If you are near home depot a sheet of coroplast is under 20$ and with one sheet you can build up to a 2x6 cxc.

Until you build a lid make sure that you don't have any hideouts against the walls. When I first got my sow she escaped. I realized she was jumping on top of the hideout and then hopping over the wall. Ever since I moved the hideouts I haven't had any issues with her escaping.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.