Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Bloated Smores- Shes oddly shaped?

Veronica

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone I just have a question about one of my girls Smores. she's been plumpling up nicely over the time she's spent with me and recently (about two to three weeks now) she's oddly shaped. By this I mean I stead of a long bean shape, although the majority of the time this is what she looks like, once in a while when she's walking it appears that the sides of her tummy are wider than her butt and her shoulders? She lives with my neutered boy Coffee, so it can't be possible that she is pregnant correct? She's acting totally and completely normal, still eating and drinking and running around with the occasional naps when she lays down. I attached photos (and then added a copy of each with outlined shapes in the photos). Does anyone know what it may be?

Attachments

IMG_6304.jpg IMG_6305.jpg 0265f9de-6902-4a97-8dad-68928e994ceb.jpg IMG_6306.jpg 370fd8a3-b623-4ae8-9e88-a4664678324a.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Smores looks fine to me. And she's adorable.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs (sows in particular) tend to become more pear shaped as they mature, it is usually around the 1 year mark they start getting a much rounder stomach.

As long as her abdomen is still soft and squishy, how she looks in the photos is nothing to worry about. If her abdomen feels tight/hard she might have gas.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It also may have to do with how much she's recently eaten.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.