Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Need some creative ideas

Bella9

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I have quite the number of piggies and would like to know how to rearrange cages so that I have more space for me. I have a group of four females and two pairs of males, oh and two free range rabbits. I share the room with them all and was wondering if there's anyway I can position the cages that allows more room for me. The group of girls are in a dog crate with a play pen added at all times, one pair of boys are in a dog crate on top of the girls, the last pair of boys are in a diy 3X2 cage on the ground. If any of you have a creative idea or any idea really on how to minimize their space without taking any space from then please let me know!

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Stacked cages might be the way to go. If you had a 2x8 C&C (even in an L shape if that would fit in your space better), and you did a 3 cage stack you could have the bottom ground level as a base/home area for the two rabbits (where you could put their hay, pellets, beds, etc.). Then the next two levels would be for the guinea pigs, one full 2x8 (or a 2x6 or 2x7 with the empty grid or two on an end for storage of their bedding/hideys etc.) for the girls, and you could divide one level into two 2x4 spaces for the two separate boar pairs (just put a solid wall as the divider between the two pairs). You might also be able to free up more space for yourself if you consider rearranging furniture or removing any furniture that isn't necessary or is rarely used (if you have any).

Here are some pictures from the cages gallery to give you an idea what I am talking about:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Also here are some configurations from a top down view of a single floor/cage that would give each pair of boars enough room (keep in mind the grids for C&C cages are 14 inches each).

Need some creative ideas

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.