Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Guinea Pig Beds...?

Willmunny

Cavy Slave
Now that the winter is coming in I was considering getting a couple of fabric beds for my two male guinea pigs, this is the one I was going to order:

https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/rodents/accessories/rodent_beds_fabric/126846

My only concern is they may eat or chew it, is this usually a problem? i use aubiose as bedding so me or my pigs dont have any experience with fabric.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

cavycalm1

Cavy Slave
I got a bed like that as well for my guinea but also had that fear, because the bottom has a different material that I am scared they might chew, so I only put that bed out during floor time or to health check. Instead I made my own out of fleece, one that I know is safe for my Piggie. The fleece is very easy to use and lasts a long time.

Willmunny

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the reply. I cant sew so that'a why im looking into buying instead! How often do you wash fabric beds? everyday? Id be conscious of them lying in pee.

cavycalm1

Cavy Slave
I found that the bed I have didnt wick when I got it, so I had to wash it every pee, but if it wicks (has the pee go through the material into a foam or other underneath, leaving the top dry) I would wash it every day- every other day (depending on the usage

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Fleece is the best way to go with some extra pads with absorbent layers sewn in, and a couple of extra pads for when they wet them. Check them out on Etsy, I know some can be pricey, but you can find some decent deals on there too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.