Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss Guinea pig has been losing hair for months

Purplemushroom1

Cavy Gazer
One of my three guinea pigs has been losing hair since a few months ago. When she originally started losing hair I asked an online vet and they suggested it couldve been an ovary cyst? They also said it might be mites so they recommended a dip for dogs and cats. But after getting it and after research apparently it's harmful for guinea pigs? Anyway my parents refused to take her to the vet so we had to wait until she showed any other signs. She's eating a lot, really hyperactive, and pooping and peeing normally? She doesn't seem sick but she has a lot of spots without hair and Im not sure how to treat it? She has been looking skinny but im not sure of that's because of loss of hair. Her mom is in the same cage as her and she's not losing any hair.

Attachments

20170917_084644.jpg 20170917_084623.jpg 20170917_084605.jpg
Last edited:

scoottie

Cavy Slave
I am saying its most likely an ovarian cyst which needs to be looked at by an experienced exotic vet.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.