Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Leaking guinea pig!

Vipsen

Cavy Gazer
Hello!

I was picking up my one year old teddy, Arya, when I noticed she has a soft lump by her left nipple.

As I squeezed it, brownish clear liquid came pouring out at high speed. She did not seem to mind it and the nipple is not swollen.

I weighed her and there is no trouble there. Her eating pattern is quite fine, she drinks and she seems as curious as she has always been.

The 'abscess' seems to be gone, although she is still slightly softer near the left nipple.

It is important to say that the growth (or whatever it is) does not sit directly on the nipple, but slightly above and to the right. You could not see it, this is how little it was and now there is no outline of it to be felt any more. She does not appear to be sick in any way.

I am still somewhat worried of what it is and want to know if anyone got an idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be a benign cyst that formed under the skin. And sometimes with cysts, you have to have the sac removed surgically, or the cyst will just keep refilling and getting larger. It doesn't sound like an emergency, but I would let a vet check her. And keep a very close eye on it until you can see the vet.

I don't know if there's anything in here that might help, or not: https://www.guinealynx.info/lumps.html.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.