Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Need some help identifying these sounds

SophieBaby

Cavy Slave
[video=youtube_share;eRaRm3vAMpY]https://youtu.be/eRaRm3vAMpY[/video]
I recently got a new boar, his name is Chuck. We did the two weeks of quarantine and he barely made a peep. Ever since the introductions yesterday, he's been making this sound, that Ive never heard before. He will make this sound followed by rumblestrutting and popcorning. I'm just wondering if this is a "good" or "bad" sound. (The calico one is the one making the noises in the video.) As you can see he's doing it while eating his veggies, he pretty much hasn't stopped since the introductions. He'll do it when I pet him, when he's laying down... he actually kept me up all night. Is he happy? Or is he stressed or upset in any way?
If anyone could help me identify these and let me know if they're normal or if I should be worried about something. t
Other than rumble strutting and some mild teeth chattering, there hasn't been much red flags. I just want to make sure little Chuck is okay. And PS, if it makes any difference, Chuck is the youngest amongst the three

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Totally normal "new pig in the cage" sounds. Probably translates to "Get outta my face!"

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing. When I brought the babies home in October, neither made a sound. Completely froze and wouldn't move. Then I put Sly in the introduction pen with them and all bets were off. They never shut up for the next month!

SophieBaby

Cavy Slave
I'm glad to hear you guys don't think it's bad. It doesn't sound like "normal" wheeking or anything I've ever heard before so I was a little concerned! My two other boys were never really vocal so it surprised me to hear something so different! :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.