Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Young guinea pig approximately 2 month bald spot on head.

wilsonwuhon

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

I recently purchase a young guinea pig from a pet store, and I have found a bald spot on his head. I'm not sure if it is a medication concern, and I should bring him back to the pet store for medical attention.

I have attached a couple links of the bald spot and the rest of his body. It is my first time purchasing a young guinea from the store, as I always been adopting adults. I'm not sure if it is normal or not.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

natashatl

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm pretty sure that's normal by the looks of the rest of the fur but What type is s/he? Ik that there is a breed that has spots where their fur pushes out. If your piggy is not that breed then maybe you should go back to the store for help.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Soecara

Cavy Slave
The spot on the head doesn't look bald, it looks like a natural rosette that is more noticeable due to the pigment of the skin underneath. He is an abyssinian guinea pig, a breed known for having multiple rosette located on various locations the body. Another breed that has a rosette on the head are crested guinea pigs who have just the one rosette on the top of their heads.

Last edited:

wilsonwuhon

Cavy Slave
Thanks Natasha and soecara for the info

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.