Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Bald spot

MochiLover

Cavy Slave
[GuineaPigCages.com] Bald spot

I noticed this on mochi today, there’s a little red dot in the middle. Did he get scratched? Is this something I need to worry about or will it heal?
[GuineaPigCages.com] Bald spot

Is it itchy?

Take a good look at it and see if it's a puncture wound. If so, I would take him to a vet because of the high likelihood of it forming an abscess in that area.

If it's not a puncture, I'd get some triple antibiotic cream and apply it sparingly twice a day with a q-tip. Be sure to rub it in thoroughly.

Hi, I never see him itching it and I don’t think it’s a puncture wound but it’s hard to really look because he’s never liked me touching his neck. I’ll keep bothering him about it until he lets me get a good look

Is it itchy?

Take a good look at it and see if it's a puncture wound. If so, I would take him to a vet because of the high likelihood of it forming an abscess in that area.

If it's not a puncture, I'd get some triple antibiotic cream and apply it sparingly twice a day with a q-tip. Be sure to rub it in thoroughly.
Should it be a specific brand of triple antibiotic cream?

No. Triple antibiotic cream is a product made by several companies. Any brand will do.

I would take him to a vet because of the high likelihood of it forming an abscess in that area.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.