Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

• Thread starter GuineaPigMama89
  • Start date

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
Hi! I'm Anne-Marie and I just bought two guinea pigs to cuddle with and take care of! I named them Buster and Bruno. Buster is the white one and Bruno is the calico one. =) I am 26 and I adore the little guys already! Their fur is so soft <3

Hello!Hello!Hello!Hello!

Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome!

If you bought them at a pet store, turn them both over immediately and make sure they're both boys. Pet stores are notorious for missexing pigs, and we've had many a pregnant "male" on here that came from a pet store. See www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm if you have questions.

Also, since you're a new guinea pig owner, here's some reading material:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/113176-Information-for-new-guinea-pig-owners
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/107827-What-NOT-to-do-for-your-guinea-pigs!

Also, if you bought your cage from a pet store, it's almost certainly too small for two guinea pigs. Click on the Main tab at the top of this forum for information about cages, and see the Photo galleries for lots of examples. If you decide to go the C&C route, you can order the cage from www.guineapigcagesstore.com (everything pre-cut and ready to assemble), or make it yourself (much cheaper -- see https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/107825-Where-to-find-C-amp-C-cage-materials). If you do build or buy, you can keep the current cage for a hospital/travel cage, or clean it up and take it back to the pet store for a refund.

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
Welcome!

If you bought them at a pet store, turn them both over immediately and make sure they're both boys. Pet stores are notorious for missexing pigs, and we've had many a pregnant "male" on here that came from a pet store. See www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm if you have questions.

Also, since you're a new guinea pig owner, here's some reading material:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/113176-Information-for-new-guinea-pig-owners
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/107827-What-NOT-to-do-for-your-guinea-pigs!

Also, if you bought your cage from a pet store, it's almost certainly too small for two guinea pigs. Click on the Main tab at the top of this forum for information about cages, and see the Photo galleries for lots of examples. If you decide to go the C&C route, you can order the cage from www.guineapigcagesstore.com (everything pre-cut and ready to assemble), or make it yourself (much cheaper -- see https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/107825-Where-to-find-C-amp-C-cage-materials). If you do build or buy, you can keep the current cage for a hospital/travel cage, or clean it up and take it back to the pet store for a refund.

They both look like boys to me. Buster has what looks to be urine dirtying his white fur. I assume this is normal because his fur is longer than Bruno's? I have a pictureHello!Hello! Sorry that they aren't too clear but he wouldn't hold still.

I do have a CandC cage. It isn't the prettiest cage in the world. All the guy had was white and it's held together with duct tape since the scoring didn't go so well but they have space lol. I made sure all the duct tape was on the outside of the cage too so they couldn't nibble it.

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Hey GuineaPigMama89! Welcome to the boards! Your boys are very cute!

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer

DwarfhamstersandPiggies

Cavy Slave
my god

your piggies are killing me with cuteness

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
my god

your piggies are killing me with cuteness

lol I'm holding them right now and they're super sweet. Buster is a little nibbly on my fingers, he won't learn to bite me will he? Since I got them home they haven't shown any interest in their water bottle but they have been munching on some hay. When can I expect them to start exploring their 2x4 CandC cage?

DwarfhamstersandPiggies

Cavy Slave
lol I'm holding them right now and they're super sweet. Buster is a little nibbly on my fingers, he won't learn to bite me will he? Since I got them home they haven't shown any interest in their water bottle but they have been munching on some hay. When can I expect them to start exploring their 2x4 CandC cage?
making me jealous that i can't have 3 kind of pets at a time
i want piggies but i don't wanna wait to my sweet kenyu to die
hes to cute

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
making me jealous that i can't have 3 kind of pets at a time
i want piggies but i don't wanna wait to my sweet kenyu to die
hes to cute

Is that Kenyu in your avatar? He's adorable!

DwarfhamstersandPiggies

Cavy Slave
nah hes even cuter
hes a winter what russain dwarf hamster

Paperpapillon

Cavy Slave
Hi GuineaPigMama89! I'm 27 and just getting into GPs so I feel how excited you are! I'm in love with my little guy already, I just have one who is an Abyssinian mix (?) and his name is Vinnie. Yours are adorable! LOVE the tri colored one. I was actually considering the name Bruno and almost used it! Maybe we can be friends on here and learn together and chat about our little guys! I'm pretty new to the group and would love someone else to talk to around my age that has piggies too. Most of my friends think I'm pretty crazy to be so excited about GPs when I already have a zoo here LOL. I look forward to chatting and sharing pics! I'm Lauren btw.

Here's Vinnie..I need to get better pics of him.
Hello!

Marybonus

Cavy Slave
Welcome!!! They are gorgeous!!! I love the pic where Bruno is jumping!

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
Hi GuineaPigMama89! I'm 27 and just getting into GPs so I feel how excited you are! I'm in love with my little guy already, I just have one who is an Abyssinian mix (?) and his name is Vinnie. Yours are adorable! LOVE the tri colored one. I was actually considering the name Bruno and almost used it! Maybe we can be friends on here and learn together and chat about our little guys! I'm pretty new to the group and would love someone else to talk to around my age that has piggies too. Most of my friends think I'm pretty crazy to be so excited about GPs when I already have a zoo here LOL. I look forward to chatting and sharing pics! I'm Lauren btw.

Here's Vinnie..I need to get better pics of him.
Hello!

Your guinea pig is darling! I would love to be friends! Thank you so much for reaching out to me, I'm a bit shy myself. It's great to meet you!

DwarfhamstersandPiggies

Cavy Slave
Your guinea pig is darling! I would love to be friends! Thank you so much for reaching out to me, I'm a bit shy myself. It's great to meet you!
what bout me
i sent you a friend request in case you need help

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
Welcome!!! They are gorgeous!!! I love the pic where Bruno is jumping!

Thank you! He's the more brazen of the two (fatter of the two too lol). Buster is shy and nibbly while Bruno is a bit more outgoing and not nibbly at all.

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
@Paperpapillon, I'm also 27! I've had my pigs almost a year (on the 29th). Your little boy is so cute. I like his masked face.

My girls are Cookie and Oreo:
(broken link removed)

Do any of y'all have an Instagram account for your guinea pigs? If y'all do, let's be friends! My username is SavvyCavies, just like here. @GuineaPigMama89
@babbro7 (I'm tagging you here too...see question above.) [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paperpapillon

Cavy Slave

Ohhh now I'm excited to finally have a GP friend! LOL I'm shy as well (in person) and don't have that many friends so we are probably pretty similar ;)
My intro thread is super long....I can get carried away with my posts and replies I've learned LOL. I searched for days for an active GP forum because a lot of them were pretty dead and I wanted to actually talk and meet some people to befriend about piggies. Here's my intro thread - https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/113175-New-to-Pigs-amp-in-love-with-Vinnie!-)

Paperpapillon

Cavy Slave
@Paperpapillon, I'm also 27! I've had my pigs almost a year (on the 29th). Your little boy is so cute. I like his masked face.

My girls are Cookie and Oreo:
(broken link removed)

Do any of y'all have an Instagram account for your guinea pigs? If y'all do, let's be friends! My username is SavvyCavies, just like here. @GuineaPigMama89
@babbro7 (I'm tagging you here too...see question above.) [emoji5]

OHHH more friends!!! Hi there! What's your name? I think it's kind of awkward to type out everyone's username every time we're addressing them so I'm trying to learn some names...we'll see how that goes LOL. I don't have an instagram account at all actually...I do facebook but that's it! I'm a pretty busy girl and can't keep up with much more than one account and my zoo of animals LOL.

OMG!! You little girls are adorable! I loved the video...the crazy hair one is awesome LOL! Vinnie likes to be rubbed under his little chin too. I look forward to chatting! :)

DwarfhamstersandPiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm just saying
anyone can add me
id appreciate it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.